Creativity is contagious, so that’s why I surround myself with only people who are doing cool and innovative things. Creativity manifests itself in art, culture, and of course, in technology, and with social media the collaboration opportunities are endless. Today I’ve teamed up with HP x360 to show you how I bend the rules to be my most creative.
HP is all about this#BendTheRules movement. Just watch their behind-the-scenes video… it’s not hard to get inspired! In the video, you’ll see a vignette connecting creators from all different backgrounds and art styles, coming together on one amazing project. Today I’m sharing my version of bending the rules with another content creator, my sister!
I’ve collaborated on this project with my sister, Caitlin, who’s a professional makeup artist and part-time beauty blogger. Similar to the different types of artists in the video, I feel like my sister and I differ drastically when it comes to makeup. When it comes to cosmetics I’m much more of an enthusiast, whereas Caitlin is the pro. She embraces color and drama, however I just focus on my everyday neutral basics. I thought what better a time to have her try an ombre colored brown look on me, since it’d never be something I’d attempt on my own. By collaborating, we could harness her expertise and match it up with my vision of a gradient brow look I’ve always secretly wanted to try.
Watch our brow tutorial video below to see the look come to life.
How to achieve this brow look:
- apply a white cream shadow pencil to brows to neutralize color (suggested for those with dark hair)
- use an angled brush to apply the 1st matte color in the top half of the brow
- wipe off brush and apply 2nd matte color to tail of brow
- as needed, blend where the two colors meet to create a gradient effect
- optional: apply a clear brow gel to brow hairs to lock it all in place
For the rest of the face:
- use a flesh toned cream shadow to neutralize your eyelids
- with a fluffy tapered brush, apply a soft mid tone matte in the crease of the eye
- with a flat paddle brush, apply a light tone matte shadow to the lid
- use a clean fluffy brush to blend all edges
- apply a thin line of black liner across the top lash line
- apply a foundation & concealer of your choice (nothing too dewy or distracting from your brows)
- optional: set with a light coverage or translucent powder (suggested for oily skin)
- sweep a soft blush across the backs of the cheeks
- curl lashes and apply mascara
- apply a nude lip color (or any other color that compliments your brows)
- optional: set with a makeup setting spray
So how do you #BendTheRules? Tell me in a comment below and let me know if you’d ever try a brow look like this.
Yes, here for the alien brow!
Chelsea Pearl says
DO IT! The next EDM festival or concert I go to, I’m definitely rocking some colored brows! Thanks for reading, Brittany. <3
Olivia Aimes says
Chelsea Pearl says
Thanks Olivia! Can’t wait to rock the colored brows again.
I’d have never thought of this. It looks so amazing. Cool look. 🙂
Heather Serra says
Ok, at first I was like….Whaaaat? But you look really good with these brows and I’m totally tempted to try this. This is my first time hearing about this! So cool! <3
Chelsie Carr says
I don’t think I would ever be brave enough to rock colored brows, but you totally do!