I cover a lot of small business content on the blog, but this list of Bay Area indie beauty brands has been years in the making. There are hundreds of beauty brands based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Many are carried in huge retailers across the country and even internationally. I wanted to focus this list on lesser known beauty brands that are also locally based, many of which don’t have quite as much distribution, awareness, or huge parent companies. Nearly all of these brands, if not all of them, are female founded and led as well. Lastly, many of these brands are clean, organic, and cruelty free. Hopefully you’ll discover some new beauty brands to try out.
Bay Area Indie Beauty Brands – Makeup
- Aether Beauty: crystal infused clean vegan cruelty free makeup with recyclable packaging.
- Bleffari Lashes: extensive faux mink false lash collection with special attention to eye shape to helps customers find their perfect lash.
- Juice Beauty: one of the largest brands in the list, but still independently owned. Juice Beauty is the OG of organic makeup and skin care.
- Juno & Co: it all started with a microfiber beauty sponge, but they’ve recently expanded to cruelty free makeup and skin care.
- Lashes In A Box: cruelty free false lash brand and products geared towards working makeup artists.
- Mineral Fusion: mineral based makeup brand that’s EWG verified, find them at Whole Foods.
- Pin Up Cosmetics: small batch handcrafted vegan mineral makeup, plus skin care and hair care.
- Shades By Shan: classic and trend driven cosmetics and a brand that gives back to single parents in need, use code Chelsea10 for 10% off!
Bay Area Indie Beauty Brands – Skin Care & Body Care
- Benedetta: organic biodynamic holistic skin care and bath products.
- Ellovi: six ingredient luxuriously creamy vegan body butters in addition to lip balms.
- Marie Veronique: luxury science and research driven skin care developed in my hometown Berkeley.
- Marin Bee: honey based skin care created by a beekeeper herself.
- Pamper Nail Gallery: insanely intricate hand painted press on nail sets.
- Paradox Beauty: sustainably sourced and clean crafted skin care.
- Proven Skincare: clinically effective skin care line utilizing AI to provide custom developed products, made by Stanford scientists.
- Samudra Skin & Sea: wild and handcrafted seaweed based skin care.
- Vintner’s Daughter: award winning luxury botanical skin care brand with two key hero products
What are your favorite San Francisco Bay Area indie beauty brands? Let me know in a comment below! There are a lot, therefore I’m sure there are plenty I’ve missed.
Looking for more Bay Area beauty? Don’t miss my series where I go behind the scenes on Bay Area based beauty brands, including medspas, day spas, nail spas, hair salons, and more. There are videos on spray tans to manicures, and under eye filler to botox.