This page contains affiliate links.
Looking to take your blog to the next level, or just some advice on simply getting started? I have over 10 years blogging experience so I have quite a bit of insight to share. I get asked questions on blogging every day, so this round up of tools, courses, and gear is what I would recommend for any content creator looking to take the next step in treating their blog like a business and brand.
- WordPress: The best CMS platform for running your blog. It’s so good, I’ve been using it for over 10 years! I recommend starting with the free plan to see if you like it, and then upgrading to WordPress.org with self hosting when you’re ready for more options.
- Dreamhost: My recommended domain host and registrar. Get your domain and hosting in one easy to manage place. I’ve been a loyal Dreamhost customer since 2013. Get $50 off Dreamhost unlimited shared hosting.
- Mailchimp: The easiest place to get your newsletter up and running. I’m still developing my own newsletter, but I’ve been using Mailchimp for years and years at other jobs.
- ShareASale: Easily monetize your content with affiliate links, recommending your favorite online stores. There are thousands of merchants and programs to choose from.
- Tailwind: Software to easily scale your Pinterest content strategy with several different content scheduling and community features. Read more on how it has changed my Pinterest game!
- Trello: Project management software perfect for both teams and individuals. I use the free version but you can always upgrade for more robust features.
- 30 minute session: A great low cost way to get some one-on-one time with me for blog and social media strategy planning. We can discuss all aspects of blogging, or any specific things you may need help with.
- Coaching: Longer term coaching and mentorship geared towards bloggers and customized entirely to your blog and social media presence. Available on a monthly, bi-annual, or annual commitment. Please contact for a quote.
E-Books & Courses
- How To Monetize as a Microinfluencer: coming soon, launching 2019
Video & Camera Gear
- DSLR: The smallest digital SLR Canon makes and what I shoot with the most for my blog and YouTube.
- Lens: My current favorite lens for portrait photography. It creates those lovely shots with tons of blurry background depth of field.
- Gimbal: How I get super smooth and stable video while vlogging.
- Tripod: My go-to tripod for my at-home YouTube filming setup.
- Remote: With a remote you don’t have to rely on a photographer to help you with shots. Learn to master using one and thank me later.
- Mic: The tool I use to get higher quality voiceovers in my videos.
- Pop Filter: An affordable mic accessory to upgrade audio quality.
- LED Light Panel: Compact added lighting I usually use for indoor video content.
- Light Reflectors: How to add light without extra electronics.
- External Harddrive: If you edit HD videos, an external hard drive is your best friend. This is the one I use at home.
- Lightning to SD Card Reader: The best accessory to import content to your iPhone while shooting content on the go.
I hope to offer more blogger resources to up-and-coming and aspiring content creators to share as much knowledge and personal experience as possible. If there’s something I’m missing, feel free to drop me your suggestions via email.