After 2020, we all could use a serious vacation. If you’re itching to go somewhere, a staycation could be just the mental break you need from the daily monotony at home. A staycation won’t set you back the airfare expense but it’ll totally feel like a world away. Over the years I’ve stayed at several Bay Area properties so I wanted to round up a list of the best hotels for a Bay Area staycation.
The following hotels I recommend have considerable amenities and plenty of things to do nearby, usually within walking distance. I’ve also linked previous blog posts and vlogs showing you a look inside each property.
- The Clement: the most luxurious all-inclusive accommodations in Palo Alto. With less than 30 rooms, you’ll feel like the service is so personal it’s almost butler-like. Don’t miss the glamorous rooftop pool!
- Toll House: right at the foot of the mountains but still walkable to everything in downtown Los Gatos. The restaurant is also has a fantastic brunch menu.
- Hotel Paradox: my favorite place to stay in Santa Cruz with a killer pool and amazing restaurant. Downtown is a 10 minute walk away.
- The Claremont: this historic Berkeley hotel has an amazing view of the Bay, a great on-site restaurant, and bougie amenities like tennis courts and even high tea.
- Hilton Concord: stay, shop, and eat your way around Concord! I love the pool area at this property which includes cabanas and daybeds. The Veranda shopping center is also across the street which has tons of shopping and places to eat.
- Casa Madrona: book a room with a marina view at this historic Sausalito property and truly escape reality. The hotel is also walking distance from so many amazing iconic Sausalito shops and restaurants.
- River Terrace Inn: downtown Napa digs within walking distance of Oxbow Market as well as popular restaurants like Morimoto, Oenotri, and Bounty Hunter.
Travel has changed for everyone this year. Are you feeling up for it? Are you considering a local staycation by car? Let me know your plans!
Leave a Reply