Thanks Hotel Paradox for hosting our stay.
Take a little trip back in time to my 48-hour trip to Hotel Paradox in Santa Cruz, California! Located just a little bit south of Silicon Valley, Santa Cruz has so many gems to explore. Let me tell you why this hotel is my new favorite place to stay, and I’m already planning another trip to the property this summer.
If you like good coffee, restaurants, beach town vibes, and just shutting off, Santa Cruz is for you. Here’s why you should consider staying at Hotel Paradox.
Why Stay at Hotel Paradox?
- The pool & huge hot tub: 75% of my stay was spent here. There are daybeds, cabanas, lounge chairs, and tables, plus plenty of Instagram-worthy backdrops. Adult swim is also nightly from 10-11pm. Food and drinks are of course served here, too!
- Free wifi: sometimes duty calls and you need to stay connected. Hotel Paradox has free wifi and strong signal at the poolside cabanas, just saying! It might be my new remote office location.
- Walkable location: downtown is just a few minutes walk over the pedestrian bridge. Bars, restaurants, and shopping are all super walkable.
- Illy espresso machines: need an afternoon espresso? One is waiting for you in your room when you check-in!
- Rentable electric bikes & skateboards: I didn’t take advantage of this on my short visit, but this is so nice to offer to guests.
- Electric vehicle charing: EVs, they’ve got you covered! Electric vehicles can recharge easily in the parking lot.
- Yoga & goat yoga: check the schedule and plan your visit accordingly!
- Pet-friendly: that’s right, dogs and cats welcome! Be sure to mention if you’re bringing your furry friend when making a reservation.
Things To Do In Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk: I didn’t visit on my last trip, but this is a classic spot you just have to check off your Santa Cruz list. I’ve been coming to the boardwalk since I was a baby and have so many great family memories here. Admission is free, so just plan on paying for rides and snacks. Check their event calendar for special concerts and events.
- Natural Bridges State Beach: a classic Santa Cruz beach and cute spot to sunbathe, picnic, or whatever else you like doing in the sun. This is a state park so parking is $10.
- Capitola Beach: Capitola is just one city south and it has a really unique upscale hippy beach town vibe to it. The beach has all the creature comforts you need with shops, restaurants, and bars just feet from the sand.
- The Mystery Spot: I haven’t been here in so long, but this place will blow your mind. It’s a little cabin in the woods tourist attraction where you can experience strange natural phenomena first hand. Some of the things there defy gravity and physics, it’s just mind boggling.
What To Eat & Drink in Santa Cruz
- Solaire: not only is the restaurant at Hotel Paradox fantastic, they serve poolside food and drinks all day long. Solaire uses local ingredients too, so everything is extra fresh and made with love.
- Verve Coffee: Verve is everywhere nowadays, but Santa Cruz is its birthplace. Go for the hometown coffee shop experience. It’s one of my favorite coffee brands, so much so I went to their coffee shop in Tokyo to see how it compared!
- Alderwood: incredible upscale dining spot in downtown Santa Cruz, try to sit at the chef’s counter for all the action like we did!
- Pizza My Heart Captiola: a walk-up pizza shop right by the beach with any slice you’d ever desire.
Lastly, Hotel Paradox is part of Autograph Collection Hotels by Marriott. Be sure to use your Marriott Bonvoy rewards membership when booking.