This post is sponsored by Target
I’m the queen of lazy hair, but when inspired I occasionally spring for a twist or braid, just as long as it’s low maintenance!
Forever on the hunt for the perfect second-day hairstyle, I dropped by Target for a hair trends event where the Target Beauty Concierge and L’Oreal stylists hooked it up with suggestions. Using a generous spritz of dry shampoo and a light mist of shine spray, we went for a braided headband look that took seconds to achieve. I love how the style turned out, with its polished yet relaxed vibe. If you look closely, you’ll notice we layered both a skinny braid and a twist for double the texture. The look is surprisingly easy to recreate as well — just follow these few steps:
- Section off a small bunch of hair behind your ear
- Braid or twist the hair as tight or loose as you prefer
- Secure the end of the braid/twist with a clear hair elastic
- Repeat the process for the other side of your head
- Pull the braid/twist directly over the top of your head, across to your other ear
- Secure the end of the braid/twist behind your ear with a bobby pin
- Optional: lightly tease the hair at the crown of the head to emphasize volume around the headband
This simple headband technique is the gateway to so many other hair looks. It’d be especially beautiful in a bun or updo for the holidays. For more hair ideas, be sure to visit your Target Beauty Concierge to step up your hairstyling game this fall.