What if I told you that you could get tretinoin (also known as Retin-A) without physically visiting a dermatologist, and you could get it within about a week? Dear Brightly is disrupting the way consumers can get access to prescription strength retinoids.
You’ve heard a lot about retinoids and retinols for anti-aging, acne, and more, but do you know the difference between the two formulas? In this video I sit down with Amy, Dear Brightly co-founder and CEO, to talk about how they’re making it easier than ever for consumers to get prescription strength retinoids. Hear how I got tretinoin without visiting a dermatologist in person, saving me so much time and money.
Retinoids are a powerhouse skincare ingredient, and something I’ve seen great results with. That’s because they have clinically proven acne-fighting and anti-aging benefits. Watch this video to learn all about retinoids such as tretinoin, and how I’m using Dear Brightly’s tretinoin + hyaluronic acid product!
Some things to note and my best practices for using retinoids:
- use SPF consistently every day as you may become more sensitive to sunlight
- use a small amount and blend evenly across your face, follow up with moisturizer
- gradually ease into a routine, maybe starting with use every other night
- take it easy on other actives (like AHAs, BHAs, etc) as not to overwhelm your skin
- observe your skin closely and dial back if needed — in my case, if I have an eczema flare-up I’ll cool it on the retinoids
Have you tried prescription strength retinoids before? I would love to hear your experience in a comment. Be sure to check out some of my other skin care content before you go.