Winter is officially here, and if you suffer from eczema ’tis the season for irritated skin. I’ve been struggling with allergy, seasonal, and stress induced eczema over the past few years. I’ve tried nearly every product available to soothe my ultra sensitive skin. Winter can be especially tough as a result of heavy layers of fabric agitating your skin and constant temperature changes of cold outdoor environments to warm heated ones.
I get eczema on both my face and body unfortunately, and there’s been a lot of trial and error as evidenced by my favorites and empties. Here are the products I can recommend for anyone dealing with hot, flaky, and itchy patches of skin.
Creams & lotions for body + face
- Cortizone Intensive Healing Anti-Itch Creme
- La Roche-Posay Lipikar Balm AP+ Intense Repair Moisturizing Cream
- Derma-E Psorzema Cream
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
Creams & lotions for face
- Alclometasone Dipropionate Cream (by prescription only)
- Differin Balancing Moisturizer
- Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
Creams & lotions for body
- Mometasone Furoate Cream (by prescription only)
- Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream
- Colleen Rothschild Nourishing Body Lotion
Cleansers for face
- Stemology Cell Refresh Hydrating Cleanser
- Cerave Hydrating Facial Cleanser
- First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser
- Differin Balancing Cleanser
Cleansers for body
Generally speaking, I try to avoid products with heavy fragrance or essential oil content in them. Surprisingly, a lot of products targeted for eczema use can be laden with essential oils. While they smell amazing, essential oils tend to burn and irritate sensitive areas. Most of the products listed above are either fragrance-free or contain slight fragrance. It’s also important to note, always apply any steroid-based creams as their directions state.