If you follow me on Instagram, you might know I have a small love affair with Arizona. It has truly been my new favorite place to escape. Last month I had the pleasure of joining Arizona KEY on a FAM trip exploring Sedona and Scottsdale. Arizona KEY is a both a print and digital magazine specializing in all the amazing attractions Arizona has to offer. They share all the best vacation ideas for tourists and even events for locals.
Watch the video below to see what we got up to, and scroll ahead for more details on my favorite Sedona attractions.
Where To Stay
- Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa: perfectly situated in the heart of Sedona, Sedona Rouge is where you can properly relax and unwind at. We had room in the expanded section of the hotel which had the most amazing tub and shower, plus an unreal view. The grounds are so serene, definitely take advantage of the jacuzzi overlooking the red rock and stargazing on the lawn or roof at night. I can’t wait to come back again and visit the spa!
- Cliff Castle Casino Hotel: you’ll pass through Camp Verde on the way from Scottsdale to Sedona, and Cliff Castle Casino is a total desert oasis. They have several restaurants, spacious guest rooms, and plenty of entertainment with the casino, live music, even comedy shows.
What To Do
- Pink Jeep Tours: one of Sedona’s top tourist attractions, and for good reason! Broken Arrow is Pink Jeep Tours’ top selling tour and it takes you on a history and geology lesson of Sedona, all the while off-roading. It’s bumpy, action-packed, and will get you some of the best photo opps in Sedona.
- Red Rock Magic Trolley: another popular attraction in Sedona, Red Rock Magic Trolley is a fun open air driving tour that shows you all the Sedona highlights. My favorite part was visiting Chapel of the Holy Cross.
- Tlaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village: if you’re looking for the perfect Sedona souvenir to bring home, you’ll find something stunning and handmade at Tlaquepaque. This little village shopping center is also chock full of gorgeous spots for that perfect Instagram shot.
- Out Of Africa Wildlife Park: I love animals but often have mixed feelings about animal attractions. Are the animals well kept? Is it providing an educational experience and promoting conservation? Out Of Africa totally knows what they’re doing and they are doing things right. They’re a safari-type experience in Camp Verde, with an incredible array of species of rescued animals both from captivity and the wild. The animals here have incredible living conditions and are very well looked after. How good you ask? Some of the larger species like their rhinoceros and bear have their own air conditioned quarters they can go into if they choose. Feeding the giraffe, learning about hyenas, and seeing their playful mountain lion cub were my favorite parts of the experience.
Where To Eat
- Sound Bites Grill: for a meal with that iconic Sedona skyline view, this is it. Sound Bites Grill has an enormous menu that appeals to every tastebud. They have everything from fish tacos to decadent burgers, including vegetarian and vegan options. Make a reservation to get an outdoor table under the mist machines.
- Steakhouse 89: if you’re looking for a classic steakhouse with a desert twist, Steakhouse 89 has a gorgeous ambiance and a well thought out menu. Their $7 happy hour menu at the bar is something I definitely want to come back for.
- Reds Restaurant: the in-house restaurant has it all! We went two days in a row for breakfast to enjoy their vast menu and large portion sizes. You can enjoy seasonal and regional flavors with an emphasis on fresh quality ingredients.
Have you been to Sedona before? If you’re visiting Scottsdale or Phoenix, you may want to consider adding a day or two onto your trip to explore Sedona. Hiking Cathedral Rock and Devil’s Bridge Trail are top of my list for next time!
Like this post? Pin this post and share the love. Be sure to check out some of my other United States or Arizona content before you go. Happy travels!
I just got back from Scottsdale a couple of weeks ago and completely fell in love with the desert! I wasn’t able to make it to Sedona, but I 100% want that to be included on my next trip! The hiking looks so amazing (I haven’t been since I was a kid) and The Pink Jeep Tours sounds like a blast!
Gillian Kent says
I loved Arizona when I was there. So beautiful. This is a very helpful summary of where to stay and where to eat. Makes planning easy.
Arizona is sooo on my list. Nice list, and Pink Jeep Tours sounds cool. Always looking for those photo ops.
The jeep tour sounds like so much fun! My roommate is obsessed with his jeep, so I feel like he would love it! I also think the arts and crafts village sounds amazing.
This looks like such a relaxing and fun vacay. I’ll definitely have to put this on my must-visit list this year.
I would love to visit the desert sometime and take my kids to explore what creatures love there.
Wow amazing post! I’ve never been to Arizona but hopefully will visit one day 🙂