Trefethen Family Vineyards is no stranger to the blog, so it’s no surprise I adore their wines! This year I’m a part of their #TrefethenTastemakers program so I’m excited to be sharing a closer look at Trefethen’s 2021 releases. I always enjoy visiting their Napa vineyard, it’s one of the prettiest properties in Napa with a really unique history. But if you aren’t exactly local you can buy all of their wines online, plus estate grown extras like olive oil and orange marmalade.
Whether you’re picking up something for yourself, or looking ahead to Mother’s Day, here are 5 go-to wines I recommend from Trefethen. These wine picks range from $26 to $90.
Wines To Try From Trefethen Family Vineyards
- Dry Riesling: don’t let the word riesling lead you astray, this wine is a true delight. Trefethen’s Dry Riesling is an unexpected refreshing crisp wine perfect with starter courses like salads, crudités, crab cakes, or other light bites. I pick up a few bottles every time I visit the vineyard.
- Chardonnay: Trefethen’s chardonnay is balanced with a kiss of toasted oak and some tastes of citrus and apple. It perfectly captures the elegance of Napa chardonnays.
- S.I.N. Summer In Napa Rosé: 2019 is sold out on the website, but the 2020 vintage has just released! This rosé is balanced and dry with a ton of summer fruit on the nose.
- O.K.D. Four: OKD tells the story of Oak Knoll District, where Trefethen is located, by expressing the harvest and fruit of that growing season. Therefore this red blend varies slightly every year. The year to year OKD release showcases nuances of the beautiful varietals that Napa Valley is capable of growing.
- Cowgirl & The Pilot: inspired by a Trefethen family love story, this merlot features not only a stunning label but fabulous taste. I taste a lot of dark cherry and plum, plus a hint of currant. It’s reignited my love for merlots lately!
See something you like? Use code CHELSEA to get free shipping on your Trefethen order! Just apply the code at the shipping stage of checkout.
Trefethen’s vineyard and tasting room is centrally located in Napa, so it’s a must if you’re visiting the area. And if you have a chance to visit any of their special events in the future, do it. I did their Harvest Boot Camp a few years ago and it was an unforgettable experience. Cheers!
Leave a Reply