Thank you Visit Concord for hosting me on this trip.
I love a good little getaway, especially one within driving distance of home. You don’t have to drive too far out of San Francisco to enjoy warmer weather and a change of pace. I grew up in the East Bay so I’ve been to Concord hundreds of times, but what I didn’t know was how much it has to offer in the summer. Here are some of my top recommendations on what to do in Concord this summer, many of which are free!
Where To Stay in Concord
- Hilton Concord: I loved my stay at the Hilton Concord. It’s centrally located and is walking distance from a lot of the activities I got up to. The pool is also a little slice of heaven with lounge chairs and cabanas you can help yourself to.
What To Do in Concord
- Yoga in the Park at The Veranda: every first Friday of the month this summer enjoy free yoga at 9am. Just bring your own mat, water bottle, and find a spot on the lawn. Challenge yourself to a one hour flow in the sun led by INDRIYA Collective.
- Shopping at The Veranda: Concord has several nice shopping centers, but The Veranda has to be my fave. Not only do they have some of my favorite stores and restaurants, they host fun free events throughout the summer.
- Farmers Market: this is the spot to be Thursday nights in Concord. The Concord Farmers Market goes from 4-8pm Thursday nights with live music, produce vendors, prepared food vendors, and even some locally made beauty products. There’s also free garage parking a few blocks away from Todos Santos Plaza.
- Trails at Lime Ridge Open Space: hike or bike, your pick! There are a few different trail routes to take here, all offering great views of Diablo Valley.
- Summer Concerts at Concord Pavillion: who doesn’t love a good outdoor concert? Concord Pavillion has so many incredible acts coming up this summer!
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor: formerly known as Waterworld, this is the biggest waterpark in the East Bay. I haven’t gone in years but I have so many fun summer memories here.
What To Eat & Drink in Concord
- E.J. Phair Brewing Company: Concord has a growing beer scene and a little something for everyone. This pub has a bit of everything on the menu from burgers and wings to pizza and mussels. All go well with beer! I tried their pilsner and it was delicious. Paired perfectly with the buffalo wings and breaded zucchini strips I ordered.
- Super Duper Burger: I have a major obsession with Super Duper, and I was so glad to see they’re at The Veranda. Not only do they have outstanding burgers as the name suggests, they do awesome breakfast sandwiches too. They even have a drive-thru if you’re in a hurry.
- Mikuni: this spot has a huge menu and something for everyone when it comes to Japanese food. Lunch specials go until 4pm and the bentos are an amazing value.
- Residual Sugar Wine Bar: while I love beer, I was delighted to discover this wine bar in Concord. There’s nothing quite like ice cold rosé on a summer afternoon. They offer a great mix of old world and new world wines, including happy hour specials 3-6pm Monday through Friday.
- CREAM: dessert lovers, you’ve got to try this spot. Who doesn’t love an ice cream sandwich? I’ve been a fan of CREAM since they opened their original Berkeley store. What I love most now, that I have a food allergy, is that their ice creams are carrageenan-free!