Trader Joe’s takes it to the next level for the holiday season, and I am so here for it. I’ve been trying some new releases and revisiting some old favorites and wanted to share what I’m currently loving from TJ’s this holiday season. Trader Joe’s has come in so handy this year with helping me do the holidays away from my family.
Last year Brandy of Will Bake For Shoes and I did a HUGE Trader Joe’s holiday haul and gift guide. This year I picked up a few new things to try, plus some old favorites. The following Trader Joe’s haul video is from Vlogmas day 3.
Top Winter Seasonal Trader Joe’s Items: Sweet
- Mug Hanger Cookies: a new favorite! These adorable sugared gingerbread human cookies sit perfectly on the mug of any beverage. I love dipping them in autumnal teas, hot chocolate, and of course espresso!
- Peppermint Pretzel Slims: I get these every year. They are the perfect mix of salty and sweet goodness. These are slim salted pretzel crackers coated with white chocolate and crushed candy canes. It’s hard not to eat the entire bag!
- Decked Out Tree Cookies: another new to me item, these decadent sprinkled shortbread cookies have a major nutella vibe. The tree shaped cookies have the chocolate coating on both sides plus a white chocolate drizzle.
- The Cocktail Hour Chocolate Truffle Advent Calendar: 25 days of boozy Christmas chocolates. Flavors include peach bellini, coffee martini, eggnog, honey caramel, liquer de café, and pink champagne.
Top Winter Seasonal Trader Joe’s Items: Savory
- Brie En Croute: the perfect easy holiday appetizer for those who love cheese. Top with honeycomb, balsamic glaze, nuts, herbs, spices, or fruit to create the yummiest cheese board experience.
- Everything But The Leftovers Seasoning: this just tastes like the holidays! This seasoning blend is packed with sage, thyme, celery seed, rosemary, turmeric, and so many other delicious herbs and spices. I put this on nearly every vegetable dish this time of year, including mashed potatoes. It takes my basic cooking skills up several notches because this stuff tastes just like Thanksgiving and Christmas stuffing.
- Broccoli & Cauliflower Gratin: this is a frozen entree that is a perfect side dish for a family of two. I bake it a little longer than the instructions advise. Also I like to broil for a few minutes at the end to create a golden brown crust on the top. Additionally I like to mix in that Everything But The Leftovers seasoning and tons of fresh ground black pepper for extra flavor. Since I can’t have my mom’s potato gratin in-person this year, this is the next best thing.
What winter seasonal Trader Joe’s items would you add to this list? Let me know in a comment because I want to try it! Don’t forget to follow my new-ish food Instagram account @omgfeedmethis. I share grocery hauls, what I eat in a day, and how I still enjoy food living with a rare food allergy. Also subscribe to my YouTube channel as I do Trader Joe’s hauls from time to time.
Leave a Reply