I don’t cover nail content too often on the blog, but this guide to my essentials is long overdue. I’ve done content around my nail polish and press-on favorites over the years, but never something including a start to finish list of my nail care essentials. Every manicure starts with a few things on this list. Since many of us aren’t able to visit the salon right now, here are some simple things to consider trying at home for your nail care routine. I haven’t been painting my nails a ton lately, but when I have the time these are my go-to nail care essentials.
The Best Nail Care & Nail Tools
- OPI Nail Envy: This is the nail strengthener that I use as a base coat but also in-between manicures when I don’t have any colored polish on.
- CND Solar Oil: My all time favorite cuticle oil that comes in both traditional bottle and brush on pen packaging.
- Soak Off Nail Polish Remover: the best nail polish remover ever, that actually smells nice!
- Tweezerman Nail Clippers: If you’ve never tried a set of nail clippers with a flat edge, it’s just the best. It’s sharp, powerful, and precise.
- Glass Nail File: I’m constantly wearing out traditional emery boards, but the glass nail file never lets me down. It never dulls and creates less waste.
- 7-Way Nail Buffer: My manicure routine always starts with a 7-way nail buffer, if I have the extra time. Even if I don’t have time to paint my nails, just a quick buff on all 10 fingernails helps them look so much better.
- Hand Cream: Absolutely essential for everyone, even if you don’t care for painting your nails. Beautiful moisturized skin always compliments your hands.
- Amopé Foot File: This device will change your self care routine at-home. A quick little buff of this will keep hard callouses from forming. Once weekly is perfect for maintaining smooth heels.
- Amopé Foot Mask: This a perfect quick pick-me-up for your feet that have been potentially roughed up between salon pedicures or a lot of time barefoot outdoors.
Nail Care Essentials: Nail Polishes
- Sinful Colors Tu Tu Thrills: My go-to pale pink polish for my fingers and toes. I feel like this shade gives the illusion of more tanned skin. At only $2, you can’t beat the polish color and quality!
- Pacifica Palm Springs: This is a gorgeous rose gold nearly chrome shade that is so easy to work with. The formula is perfection and it’s 7-free. It has a nice wide brush as well, making manicures so much quicker and finished in fewer brush strokes.
- Out The Door Top Coat: This is the glossiest clear top coat I can’t do my nails without. It’s shiny and thick, giving the illusion of a gel polish manicure without the need for a UV light.
- Press-On Nails: I did an entire blog post on my love of these a few months back. The hype is real! They come in so many shapes, colors, and finishes now so there’s truly an option for every one.
- Le Chat Cherry Cosmo: While I haven’t yet tried at-home gel manicures, this is the classic pin-up red I get time after time at nail salons. This shade of red would be universally flattering on any skin tone.
Nail Care Essentials: Supplements
- Nature’s Bounty Hair, Skin, & Nails Gummies: biotin supplements have been a game changer for growing my nails stronger.
- NeoCell Super Collagen: collagen is another great supplement option for strengthening your nails, among many other beauty and health benefits.
Even if you’re low maintenance with your nails, I think a few of the products like cuticle oil and a nail strengthener might be useful. If you have any additional questions on nail care let me know!