Planning that upcoming trip to Sonoma County? Santa Rosa is not only a convenient place to stay with its central location, it also has top notch food! I still have a lot of places to try on my list, but I have so many to recommend. Here are all my favorite places and a bunch of ideas on where to eat in Santa Rosa.
- Perch & Plow: the perfect spot to enjoy elevated delicious sharable plates, but with outstanding cocktails and a really chic atmosphere. This restaurant is on an upper floor, directly looking out on Santa Rosa’s Old Courthouse Square.
- Willi’s Wine Bar: amazing wine selection and delectable sharable plates. Come here for lunch or dinner, before or after some wine tasting! Harvest Card members also can score free corkage here.
- Bird & The Bottle: huge menu and truly something for everyone, in a cozy building that feels like sharing a meal at a loved one’s home. This restaurant is also a Harvest Card partner.
- Russian River Brewing: come for the beer, but stay for the food! The downtown Santa Rosa location has a slightly different menu than the new location in Windsor. Try the pizza and drew bites with a flight of beers.
- Sazón: fresh and flavorful Peruvian food, with amazing portion sizes. The restaurant is attached to a deli which was a little confusing, so don’t be caught off guard if you think you’re in the wrong spot.
- Cozy Plum Bistro: all vegan, with no compromise on variety or taste! Due to recent events, I’ve only been able to try this restaurant for takeout, but it was delicious. Loved the hearty Moroccan bowl and can’t wait to come back to try more.
- Acre Coffee: perfect for your coffee fix and a bite to eat! I love their colorful and delicious frittata plate which makes for a very satisfying breakfast or brunch.
After you’re done eating, I highly recommend enjoying one of the many amazing Santa Rosa area wineries, such as Matanzas Creek. Otherwise, get a few steps in at Howarth Park or Spring Lake Park. I’m also working out a post for the best places to eat in Petaluma, Healdsburg, and Sebastopol in Sonoma County coming soon. Bon appetit!