Valentine’s Day is coming up and while my guy and I usually just go out for a fancy Italian dinner, we are long overdue for a weekend away. Both of us are Star Wars addicts, and we haven’t had a chance to see the new Star Wars Launch Bay at Disneyland so we’ve been throwing the idea of a trip down to Anaheim for years now. As we both have busy full-time schedules, a trip to Disney isn’t always the most convenient quick escape. I recently learned that megabus.com has wifi-equipped buses, making a work-from-home Friday and Monday on the road an actual option. For two working professionals, that’s a win-win. megabus.com offers a safe and affordable service to over 100 cities across North America, and Anaheim is absolutely on that list!
In addition to the free wifi, the double decker coaches offer at-seat power outlets making ensuring you’ll have enough juice during your journey. Other amenities include reclining seats, restrooms, and panoramic windows, so the atmosphere is nothing like the buses we’ve seen before. You can book fares for as low as $1, and directly from your smartphone, making megabus.com literally the most convenient and cost effective method of travel.
Although our weekend escape has yet to be pinned down on our calendars, this is our planned itinerary:
- 9am – board the Megabus at the SF Caltrain Station
- 6pm – check-in at Hotel Indigo, a top rated boutique hotel that’s within walking distance of the park
- 7pm – dinner at PokiNometry, a local favorite for fresh and healthy poke bowls
- 8am – Disneyland, heading to Tomorrowland to see all the Star Wars attractions once the gates open
- 8pm – dinner at The Blind Rabbit, a local speakeasy with inventive cocktails and elevated comfort food
- 9am – California Adventure, heading straight to Cars Land once the gates open
- 7pm – dinner at Karl Strauss Brewing, to unwind with a flight or two of SoCal brews
- 8:30am – morning coffee at Ink & Bean Coffee Saloon and Wordshop, for a bit of local hipster flavor
- 10:30am – board the Megabus at ARCTIC Bus Bay 11
- 7:30pm – arrive home in San Francisco
To celebrate all this love in the air, megabus.com is running a “Marry Me on a megabus” contest. One lucky couple will win a wedding celebration onboard a megabus, including music, flowers, and an officiant, plus two round trip transportation tickets for a honeymoon, plus $2,500 cash. How epic is that? Be sure to enter before the contest closes of February 21.